In conjunction with Comcast, TrueNet has developed and offers Comcast National Design Standards training for spatialNET users.
To train experienced spatialNET users (network planners, designers and engineers) on Comcast National Standards for RF and Fiber design, drafting, and naming conventions along with the use of Comcast’s RF and Fiber Toolkits and QC framework platform.
Course material is covered in either a 5 or 10 day training track. While each training track covers Comcast National Standards for both Coaxial and Fiber Networks, the 10 day track includes Comcast standards for Metro E and Cell Site Fiber and provides more hands-on real-world training exercises designed to ensure student mastery of the subject matter.
CATV Coax and Fiber network planners, designers, and engineers who need a thorough understanding of spatialNET as it relates to Comcast National Standards for RF and fiber network design, drafting and naming conventions.
Delivery Method and Recommended Duration
All training is in a classroom environment at the client’s location and is led by an experienced TrueNet Communications instructor. Training utilizes a hands-on methodolgy and can be presented in either 5 or 10 days training tracks as requested by the client to fulfill their needs. Class size is limited to a maximum of 8 trainees.
This course is designed for participants with a background in and fundamental knowledge of drafting and design of CATV HFC and fiber networks. All participants must have hands-on experience using spatialNET, AutoCad, Bentley Comms, or similar CAD-based network design and drafting platforms.
TrueNet is the authorized training partner for Comcast National Design Standards for spatialNET Users.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion, who have successfully completed the course and demonstrated proficiency in the required topics (for a complete list, contact TrueNet):
- The use of the Comcast Fiber and RF Toolkits
- AutoCAD commands and drafting practices using Comcast National Standards
- spatialNET commands and drafting practices using Comcast National Standards and the Comcast Toolkits
- RF Coax design using spatialNET and the Comcast Toolkit – RF and adhering to the Comcast National Standards and naming conventions
- Understanding the Comcast Fiber Design Standards, Comcast Fiber Toolkit and the Comcast QC framework application
- Fiber design using spatialNET and the Comcast Toolkit – Fiber and adhering to Comcast National Standards and naming conventions
- The use of spatialNET Fiber design and drafting features including menus, fiber routing, sheaths, counts, storage loops, splice enclosures, bill of materials, and data block and EOL annotations
- The use of the spatialNET Fiber Splicing features including fiber splicing cable to cable, cable to equipment ports and fiber disconnect
- The use of spatialNET Fiber Tracing features including methods of performing tracing and creating trace reports for network QC